Velos & Velos has a strong background in commercial property law, including acting for companies and individuals on industrial, commercial, shops and office premises involving leases and licenses.
The firm has acted for both commercial tenants and landlords, drafting lease documentation, negotiating leases, enforcing the terms and conditions of a lease and representing clients in disputes between tenant and landlord.
The complexities of the recently amended Retail Leasing Act make it particularly important to seek legal advice prior to signing a lease document to make sure that you understand your rights and obligations.
Velos & Velos can assist with:
- Advice on industrial, office and non-retail leases
- Advice on retail leases
- Lease negotiation
- Advice on the effect of landlord representations
- Advice on stamp duty, registration and insurance obligations
- Advice on sublease transfer and assignment rights
- Execution and exchange of lease documentation
- Advice on lease re-negotiation and market rent reviews
- Advice on option periods
- Advice on the effect of bank guarantees
- Advice on ongoing landlord and tenant obligations