This includes applying for a Warrant for the collecting outstanding debts in a fast, efficient and affordable manner. Collecting outstanding debts is an important part of any successful business and it can be time consuming, stressful and critically important to the operation of a successful business.
Our debt collecting team at Velos & Velos Lawyers have extensive expert experience in providing fast, efficient and effective legal services to recover outstanding debts and have a sound track record in debt collecting over thirty-five years.
We are able to provide you with sound timely advice on debt collecting, including issuing a letter of demand, issuing a legal claim by way of Complaint or Writ through the Courts or by Points of Claim at VCAT, obtaining Judgement for the payment of the debt together with Interest and Legal Costs, enforcing the Judgement and recovering the debt together with Interest and Legal Costs.
Velos & Velos Lawyers are able to handle, manage and support you throughout the complete debt collection, recovery and enforcement process.
Velos & Velos Lawyers are able to provide you with guidance for you to prepare Instructions to Solicitor and for you to provide information on the following items:
- The full name and address of the Debtor be it an individual, company or other legal entity;
- How was the debt created and documentation supporting that debt;
- How old is the debt and how it was created;
- Is there a Loan Agreement, Contract or any other documentary evidence to support that the debt is owed;
- Are there any hand-written notes, emails or other evidence that you are able to rely upon the debt being due and payable;
- Have you sent off requests for payment by way of letter, email or some other way of communication;
- Do you have a personal guarantee or a bank guarantee in place for the debt that is due and payable;
- What is the Debtor’s capacity to repay the debt;
- Have you entered into any discussions or negotiations for the Debtor to pay the debt by instalments;
- Are there any other factors and important considerations to take into account.
The above mentioned items are some of the important questions that you must answer and provide written instructions by completing Instructions to Solicitor and Witness Statement in chronological order on a paragraph by paragraph basis so that proper instructions may be provided to Velos & Velos Lawyers to act on your behalf.