What Is a Criminal Law Offence?
What is criminal law? Criminal law includes:
- Theft and related crimes
- Narcotics offences, drug possession and trafficking
- Driving offences, such as impaired or dangerous driving
- Assault and related crimes
- Rape and other sex offences
- Murder and manslaughter
- White-collar crime, fraud and tax evasion and deceptions
- International criminal law – seeing that charges are transferred properly from one country to another, as applicable
Some areas of criminal law are non-violent (but nonetheless harmful), such as “white-collar crimes”. Types of criminal offences counted as white-collar crimes include fraud and tax evasion.