A network of international lawyers
Velos & Velos Lawyers have the expertise, as well as the network of contacts globally, to assist Australian-based individuals, companies and other entities in expanding their businesses in other countries by instructing expert lawyers and other experts in a particular country to achieve their aims and objectives.
On the other hand, we are able to act on behalf of individuals, companies and other entities based overseas that wish to start doing business in Australia.
(See Doing Business in Australia – Opportunities and Pitfalls written by John Velos, Master of Laws and the founder and Principal of Velos & Velos Lawyers)
We provide legal work and advice in relation to setting up companies, Trusts and other legal structures and entities to create a strong foundation for a commercial venture in Australia.
If you are looking for an international lawyer in Melbourne, we’re ready to help.
How can Velos & Velos Lawyers help?
Velos & Velos Lawyers have an extensive track record in assisting individuals, companies and other entities, both based in Australia and overseas, who require legal services in order to achieve their private and commercial aims and objectives.
Velos & Velos Lawyers are able to provide legal services involving two or more jurisdictions in the areas of commercial law, exports and imports, intellectual property disputes, including court litigation on trademarks and copyrights, online disputes, e-commerce, cybercrimes, and scamming.
Assistance with a variety of international legal matters
Velos & Velos Lawyers are able to act on a variety of international legal matters and obtain instructions from a wide variety of clients, investigate and research their legal and associated business requirements and, when necessary, use experts in their fields. These can include expert consultants, expert valuers, expert engineers and expert barristers to provide expert legal advice and other expertise on issues in establishing foreign registered companies doing business in Australia and in other countries, as well as in the purchase, sale and investment of commercial, industrial and residential property.
Private International Law
Velos & Velos Lawyers have the legal training and experience to deal with private and public international law. We work with a diverse range of clients on a variety of areas of law and issues, including:
- Acting for Australian clients in overseas disputes as an agent of overseas legal firms
- Advising on international issues confronting our clients
- Drafting and preparing legal documents as may be necessary for our clients
- Perusing and advising on the legal documents of our clients
- Collecting evidence as our clients may require for use in court litigation matters in a variety of legal areas
- Serving court and other legal documents as may be necessary and required by our clients
- Litigating within Australian borders or appointing legal agents in another jurisdiction overseas
- Enforcing foreign judgements within Australia or forward Australian judgements to be enforced overseas.