Velos & Velos Lawyers offers a personalized, comprehensive, commercially realistic and sensitive service in all aspects of family law including divorce, children’s and property matters and de facto/ domestic partnerships. We encourage mediation to resolve and settle disputes where appropriate to alleviate the high cost of litigation, stress and inconveniences to the parties and children involved in such matters.
- Property settlement and maintenance negotiations, through mediation, arbitration and litigation as appropriate, including issues regarding interests in trusts, corporations, superannuation or businesses
- Advice and preparation of binding financial agreements before (pre-nuptial arrangements), during or at the end of a marriage (separation agreements)
- All aspects of family law relating to domestic relationships (previously known as “de facto partnerships”)
- Tax-effective structuring of settlements, residence, contact
- All issues relating to children, child support and adult dependent child maintenance issues
- Acting for third parties to a marriage (such as business partners or creditors) in family law proceedings.
Velos and Velos Lawyers strive to achieve a cost-effective resolution of any family law dispute and promote alternative dispute resolution mechanisms where possible. In cases where litigation is appropriate, our team brings a wealth of experience in advising on, and conducting, all aspects of litigation and strive for the best possible outcome. We are also experienced in working closely with recognized experts in related fields, such as counselors, psychologists, accountants and valuers.