Velos & Velos have extensive experience in Family Law including Property Settlements, children’s issues, children’s contact and maintenance, spousal maintenance and many other family Law issues and cases. People’s lives and finances are becoming more complicated.
A property or financial settlement may need to cover a wide range of assets including:
- The matrimonial home: decisions will need to be made about whether the home will be sold or whether one person will keep it.
- Investment properties and shares. Decisions will need to be made on these assets as there are often tax implications that need to be considered as part of any property or financial settlement.
- Trust, company and partnership structures: our experienced family lawyers will guide you against any future liabilities of the entity. If you leave, or the other partner is leaving if you are retaining the entity, we will ensure that the partner leaving is properly removed from ongoing involvement in the entity.
- Businesses and farms: property and financial settlements may need to ensure the ongoing viability of the business or farm to provide continuing income for the family otherwise decisions will need to be made for these.
- Superannuation: superannuation can be split between partners. Alternatively, one may keep more of the superannuation and the other may keep more of the remaining assets. Self managed superannuation funds have become more common in recent years and need special attention.
Whether you are thinking about separation or have already separated, contact Velos & Velos for advice about your rights and entitlements before agreeing to a property or financial settlement. We have the skills and experience to represent you in the Family Court and or instruct experienced and expert Barristers on your behalf to advise and act decisively and assertively on your behalf to protect and advance your rights and interests according to law.