In Victoria Velos & Velos Lawyers have over many years acted for both Applicants and Respondents for Intervention Orders and similar matters. We are highly experienced in dealing with such stressful circumstances involving Intervention Orders, family violence and domestic violence and often we have been able to assist in the reconciliation of disputing parties.
What is an Intervention Order?
There are a variety of types of Intervention Orders which Applicants may apply for depending on the circumstances:
- Family Violence Orders
- Apprehended Violence Orders
- Restraining Orders
- Domestic Violence Orders
- Personal Safety Intervention Orders
- Intervention Violence Orders
Irrespective of what type of Intervention Order an Applicant may seek, the goal is very similar, which is to prevent one person from engaging in certain offending or unwelcomed conduct against another person.
Very often, Interim Intervention Orders are granted, which means that the Order is in effect immediate until the matter is fully dealt with at a later stage where both parties and their legal representatives may have an opportunity to put forward submissions and explain the circumstances before a final Order is made in the Magistrates Court.
Responding to an Intervention Order served upon you
If an Intervention Order is served upon, it is important to read through the document served upon you and understand the timeframe within which you must act, especially if you believe that there have been untrue, incorrect or improper complaints and allegations made against you, particularly if there are any improper motives made by the Applicant to obtain an Intervention Order.
- Carefully read and comprehend the allegations and complaints that have been made against you
- Carefully read and understand the terms and conditions and the type of the Intervention Order
- Understand whether it is an Interim or Final Intervention Order and, if it is an Interim Intervention Order, you may have a chance to act quickly and obtain legal advice to appear and oppose the Application
- Seek legal advice urgently so as the overall process may be fully explained to you and your opportunities to put your side of the circumstances to the Court
Contact Velos & Velos Lawyers immediately to contain sound and timely advice and representation for an appearance at Court so that your circumstances may be put before the Court and obtain the best possible outcome in the circumstances.