Velos & Velos are able to assist with a wide variety of international commercial, business and other matters in many international jurisdictions.
International commercial and business expansion is not only challenging but daunting when faced with setting up company structures, seeking tax advice, opening bank accounts, establishing business relationships and entering into contractual agreements under foreign jurisdictions.
The specifics present in any foreign country are a constant challenge for overseas businesses seeking to trade or establish in a foreign jurisdiction. It is a specialist area that requires an understanding of local tax, compliance, regulatory, workplace, financial market, supply, pricing, corporation and securities law and dispute and arbitration processes.
The critical step is to identify a specialist with a proven track record rather than engage non-experienced professionals to do the job.
Most businesses will be impacted by the ability to assimilate and comply with local regulation in a manner that maximizes the position as a foreign entity. Velos & Velos are able to identify the right local legal and other experts to assist in achieving legal, commercial or business objectives.
Areas of Velos & Velos expertise:
- Intellectual Property related matters and foreign ownership have a significant impact on businesses
- How to manage and control business partners in foreign countries
- What mechanisms should be put in place to limit exposure to risk
- Tax implications, revenue flow and what jurisdiction is best for any international dispute
- Civil Dispute Resolution by Arbitration and/or Mediation