Velos & Velos have extensive experience and have become adept at setting up or putting in place protective structures particularly in business or group of businesses or companies which may operate as follows:
- The principal entity will continue to hold all assets, plant and equipment, goodwill, intellectual property leases and product (“assets”) but will not trade.
- The principal entity will license a subsidiary to utilize all of the assets, under license.
- The principal entity will charge the subsidiary a license fee.
- The principal entity will enter into a Service Agreement with the subsidiary to provide service.
- Other structures as may be advised by accountants, financial planners or clients.
Velos & Velos are able to advise and if necessary brief Counsel and/or other experts in the following areas:
- Incorporation of companies
- Directors’ duties, liabilities and rights of indemnity
- Trust deeds
- Restructuring and reconstructions
- Reductions of capital
- Corporations Law compliance
- Securities enforcement and debt recovery
- Trade practices compliance
We are able to assist and advise with other experts on a number of CGT exemptions, concessions or rollovers that can be utilised to reduce or eliminate any CGT such as the:
- 15-year exemption
- Retirement exemption
- Small business 50 reduction and/or the small business rollover